Standard 7- Person-centred care and support. (3 hours)
- Dementia awareness- Recognising Signs and symptoms, Diseases that cause and managing cognitive different behaviours.
- Promoting Person centred values within Care practice, and encouraging active participation to develop skills in Self Care.
- Practices which promote working in a person-centred way
- Supporting the emotional and spiritual wellbeing of Service Users.
Standard 6- Safeguarding. (2.5 hours)
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of harm and abuse, and what constitutes significant harm.
- Reducing the likelihood of abuse through working with person-centred values and managing risks.
- Responding to suspected or disclosed abuse.
- National context and research relating to protecting people and safeguarding.
Child Protection. (1.0 hours)
- Recognising signs and symptoms of harm and abuse against children.
- Understanding Child Protection and reporting procedures.
- Key legislation.
Standard 4-Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. (1.5 hours)
- Values and the importance of Equality and Inclusion within the workplace. Understanding diversity and discrimination.
- Providing practices and support which encourages equality, diversity and inclusion.
- How to access further support and guidance internally and externally.
Standard 1- The roles of the Healthcare Support Worker and Adult Social Care Worker. (1 hour)
Standard 9- Handling information and Confidentiality
- Understanding your main duties and responsibilities in relation to Codes of Conduct and Practice and agreed ways of working.
- Building and maintaining relationships with people you support.
- Confidentiality and Whistleblowing in the workplace.
- Working in ways that have been agreed with your employer, as part of a team and in partnership with others.
Standard 2- Your Development (1 hours)
- Producing a personal development plan and being aware of accessing support and prioritising learning needs and development.
- Understanding the importance of continuous improvement of the quality of your service and reflective practice.
Standard 3- Effective Communication (1 hour)
- Understand different ways that people communicate and the importance of effective communication in the work place.
- Establishing various communication methods and exploring styles that meet the needs of our Service Users.
- Recognising communication barriers and practices to overcome these. Where to go for further advice and support.
- Understanding confidentiality and agreed ways of working.
Standard 8- Health and Safety (Health Care tasks) (4 hours)
- Practicing Personal Care tasks e.g. Washing, Dressing, applying creams etc. Promoting personal centred values and agreed ways of working.
- Supporting Service Users with Clinical activities and continence management: Stoma Care, Uri-sheath Care, Catheter Care and Pad changing. How to recognise UTI’s and effectively care for continence.
Standard 8- Health and Safety. (1hour)
- Understanding each other’s roles and responsibilities under Health and safety and being aware of key legislation and agreed ways of working.
- Handling hazardous substances in the workplace and promoting safe practices for storing using and disposal.
- Understand security measures that are designed to protect own security, and that of the others, in the workplace. Work place procedure for checking the identity of anyone requesting access to the premises.
- Relating to organisational policies under key legislation.
Standard 8- Food Safety, Nutrition and Hydration (1.5hours)
- Recognising the importance of food safety, including hygiene, preparation and storage procedures.
- Promoting and providing good nutrition and hydration to maintain the well-being and individual health needs of our Service Users.
- Recognising the signs and Symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration, and practices to promote this.
Standard 10- Infection prevention and Control (1hour)
- Awareness of infectious diseases in the community.
- Understanding the main ways infection can get into the body and principles of applying Standard/Universal precautions in practice. Common types of personal protective equipment and procedures.
- Understanding the principles of effective hand hygiene.
Standard 8- Fire Safety (0.75 hours)
- Understanding safe practices which can help to prevent fires from starting or spreading.
- Knowing what to do in the event of an emergency.
Standard 8- Basic Life Support (3.5 hours)
- Practical sessions on effectively deal with various types of accidents and sudden illness and providing basic life support in emergency situations, inline with HSE.
- Understanding agreed ways of working and organisational procedures.
- Recording on incident report forms and accident books. Understanding RIDDOR.
Standard 8- Medication and Health Care Tasks (2 hours)
- Understanding organisational policies and procedures to safely manage medication within a community setting.
- Practical role play on how to deal with refusal of medication in line with Organisational procedures.
- Applying safe practices and working inline with current legislation.
- How to correctly prepare, store and dispose of medication safely.
Pressure Sores. (1 hour)
- How to identify pressure sores and areas of the body which could be susceptible.
- Anatomy of the skin and how pressure can effect.
- Understanding prevention, treatment and equipment that is available to aid the healing process.
Standard 8- Moving and Assisting/ Risk Assessments. (4 Hours)
- Observing and providing safe practical assistance using Manual Handling equipment with our Service Users. Working in line with Legislation and Agreed ways of working.
- Looking after your back and ways to apply safe practices.
- How to safely move and assist Service Users maintaining the Individuals dignity, promoting agreed ways of working, and understanding clients abilities.
- Understanding Manual Handling and mobility risk assessments.
- Assess Health and Safety Risks in the community and understanding ways to reduce through risk assessing procedures.
- How and when to report risks to Health and Safety.
- How to use mobility aids which can aid Service User’s independence when accessing the community.
Standard 5- Duty of Care (0.5 hours)
- Understanding duty of care and the protection of individuals we support.
- Being aware of potential dilemmas that may arise conflicting between duty of care and individuals rights.
- How to respond, manage and gain advice when handling comments and completes.
- How to effectively manage incidents, errors and near misses, inline with legislation and organisational agreed ways of working.