24 Hour Care at Home
What makes us the Live in Specialist in Caregiving? Experience Sunshine Care — 24 Hour Care at Home and Protection
Our vision from the start of our care business, 20 years ago, has been to be the best care provider, rather than the biggest for people in need of individual bespoke 24 hour care at home and support.
Many elderly and younger people have complex care needs. There may come a time in everyone’s life where someone they love ends up needing a 24 hour care at home and round the clock assistance. When that happens, it is time to start looking for a professional to provide the necessary care they need.
To meet that, Sunshine Care 24 Hour Care at Home — we supply appropriate dedicated live-in specialists who have the training and experience to support clients with specific needs – including End of Life Care, Complex & Neurological Care, and Dementia Care. Our specialism provides elderly with full-time, around-the-clock care and support. Those living with dementia or who are home bound due to physical limitations benefit greatly from 24-hour care.
Our carers are trained by our network of regional Specialist Care trainers, supervised by our Nurse Director.
Any palliative care within the last 12 months of life is regarded as end of life care; but it is recognised that some people will benefit from specialist palliative care before this time. This includes people whose death is imminent (expected within a few hours or days) and those…
Our dementia specialists stay in carers and are trained to recognise the different stages of the different types of dementia conditions. Our management has over 40 years’ experience in these distressing diseases. Among the many different types of dementia support…
Our Complex Care Specialist Team covers all the neurological complex care needs for adults in the community. Many people in our society have suffered a brain or spinal injury and need assistance at home in order to live as …
Imagine the wonderful feeling of knowing your loved one is receiving the proper 24-hour care & support at home from a qualified carer, which provides you peace of mind that they get all the care they need and deserve.
Besides the existing care, we understand that needs change over time. Furthermore, we are able to adapt and change the services that we provide based on the ever-changing needs of our clients. No matter how complex your care requirements are, our caregivers and qualified nurses will meet your daily needs.
With our 24 hour care at home assistance and support, a carer will live with you in your home to provide care whenever you need it, then, we provide assurance to families who want their loved ones to have the best of care at all times. Our team is specially trained to help with all kinds of tasks and services that could be required of them.
A large number of the employed carers have been trained by us to be home care specialists. Each has the experience to specialise in one or more of the following:
- Physical disability and/or visual or hearing loss (or both).
- Support for those on the Autistic spectrum and those with learning disabilities.
- Palliative care and end of life care.
- Alzheimer’s and other Dementia conditions
- Huntington’s & Parkinson’s.
- Reablement and Stroke recovery.
- Neuromuscular conditions, which are complex because they can affect both motor skills and cognition.
- Long-term conditions such as motor-neurone disease.
- Acquired brain injury following a stroke or accident.
Care Specialists Training
As well as the basic Care Certificate training, we also offer our live-in carers a range of more specialist accredited training courses, such as:
- Tissue viability. Pressure sore prevention and treatment
- Immobility and being bed-bound. Awareness of breathing complications, spasms, pneumonia and blood clots.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Spine.
- Urinary Management. Bladder function, catheters, convenes and catheter care.
- Bowel Management. Effects of diet and lifestyle. Hygiene. Manual evacuation best practice.
- Safeguarding. Appropriate responses to abuse or neglect. Confidentiality and necessary information sharing.
- Medication Management. Medication administration and the correct procedure for completion of MAR charts.
- First Aid. The recovery position, CPR, shock and appropriate treatments.
For their personal development and to further their careers, our carers will to gain further qualifications with our comprehensive range of on-line courses. Sunshine Care will offer loans to support our specialist carers to study open university courses to further improve their care skills whilst earning a living.
As normal practice we offer our dedicated live-in carers highly subsidised, advanced learning opportunities leading to valuable qualifications for their future career. These include:
- Introduction/Certificates in Health and Social Care courses.
- QCF/NVQ level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care.
Continuity and Compatibility
Our regional office rostering teams ensure that clients and carers are kept fully informed of essential care details at all times, Specialist care assignments are allocated to the right carer to give as much compatibility and continuity as possible. By giving adequate rest breaks on and between assignments we maintain quality, ensure best practice and the efficient functioning of our service to you.
Hospital Discharge and Reablement Services
Alongside support with all daily living activities, such as personal and domestic care and companionship, our specialist home care Reablement Teams encourage discharged patients to adapt to being at home again. They are supported to develop the confidence and skills to carry out normal daily life tasks themselves. This specialist service is normally only needed for a number of weeks; and is provided to people who have just been discharged from hospital.